Sunday, March 19, 2006

after a long silence

Hello there,

It has far too long since I've written anything here, but, well, I've been busy.

First, while I was in Santa Barbara a month ago, I received an email asking if I would like to be the Senior Chaplain at RMIT University, one of the two schools in Melbourne where I've been working for the last year. After some prayer I said yes, and since then I've spent a lot of time trying to get a shape of where this new ministry might be going. It is a very exciting prospect!

Then (and I didn't tell you 'cause I know how you worry) early this year I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and started to take medication to bring it down. At the same time some tests indicated there might be an irregularity with my heart and that was scary! But in the last few weeks the new has been good, the blood pressure is fine now and two weeks ago I had the test and my heart is fine - the Dr. even said I could exercise without restriction, and should do so. That brings on a whole new constellation of concerns, but they're much lighter ones.

Anyway, I will be better about writing in the next few weeks. I promise!

No comments: