Friday, June 03, 2005

BACK TO REALITY, AS LATELY DEFINED

Afer a week of being back in Melbourne with jetlag and a return of a chest infection that is finally yielding to cortisone (a drug which gives me energy and a sense that I can control my own destiny and probably a few others as well - hence a pill I shouldn't swallow too often) I finally feel like I am at home again.

The time in Assisi, as well as Pisa, Rome and the UK, was wonderful. And it was a real pilgrimage and retreat. I am still unpacking what I've learned. I did keep a journal and will likely share some edited impressions of some of the gifts of the time; if they are real gifts, they need to be given again.

But not yet. I am now in the phase of trying to organise daily life and work, and trying to see how the gifts of the time away fit into the texture of my daily life in Melbourne. It is so good to be home!

No comments: